This is a full and complete explication of Trump Derangement Syndrome by two highly articulate men who are suffering from it.
- He is worsening the leftism of BLM and the extreme Left, by everything he does and is
- He worsens the faults of all his opponents
- He is greedy and malevolent and unaware of this deficits
- He has denounced white supremacy in insufficiently strong terms
- He is charcterized by extraordinary and extreme pathological narcissism,
- Which prevented him from making objective and useful judgments about COVID
- It is almost supernatural how he manages to skate through situations that would have torpedoed the Presidencies of anyone else
- It is as if he were an extra-terrestrial put down among us to upset all our ideas and values
- He is the object of a cult
- His self confidence and psychological tenacity force those around him to accept his reality
- It is a warlord mentality, and the capacity to pull this off is a disability on his part
- He has the virtue of energy, and only mental illness can explain it
- He has never spent a moment in silence or self-reflection
- There is no governing process in his mind
- He would need more virtues to be a more dangerous man
- He has not sought to persuade; that would have given the persuaded some deference to their independence of mind
- He wants to be a talk show host sitting in the Oval Office
- He considers the entire political constitutional system to be a reality entertainment show.
- Our judgments are objective.
The two of them are frankly in awe of a person whom they hate, or cannot figure out. “I think he has gotten into my head”, said Sullivan. Sullivan likens him to a totalitarian despot whose poster is on the walls everywhere.
“There are people who just don’t see this about him… I don’t have a theory of mind for those who don’t feel this way.”
Go to minute 43:00 of the podcast for Sullivan’s understanding why people who don’t like what the Left are doing to the United States would vote for Trump. It is as close as they get to understanding the other side, which is not close at all.
Sullivan and Harris also decry the New York Times, the Steele dossier, CNN, and the obsession with Russia-Trump collusion. It is as if their Trump derangement syndrome is rational, but the lower orders of the media are not entitled to their biases. They are alike with Scott Adams in their denunciation of the “fine people” hoax that Trump had not sufficiently denounced white supremacy after the Charlottesville riots. They denounce the racialization being practised by the left wing media. They denounce the suppression of news regarding Hunter Biden by major news outlets.
These are two rational people who are caught on the narrow ledge afforded by reasonable views about the Left, and what I consider irrational fear of Trump. I think a lot of people are on that ledge.
And “of course” says Sulivan we should not be examining too closely the revelations from Hunter Biden’s computer about influence peddling with China and Ukraine. They go back and forth between understanding the causes why Trump was voted into power, and not understanding what he is doing to answer the constituencies that elected him.